One of my New Year’s resolutions was to always keep a vase of fresh flowers on my desk. The pleasure they give me when I do makes me wonder why I have never achieved it on a regular basis before.
Sometimes they’ll be bought ones that catch my eye whilst in town like last week’s anemones,
but more often they will be picked from my garden, like today’s winter flowering heathers.
Cutting my own flowers will make me take the time to stop and see what changes are taking place in the garden each week.
By photographing them for my blog I will hopefully:
- improve my photography skills
- build up a ‘plants in bloom’ diary to help my garden design
- take time to study them in more detail to aid my lampshade design
- provide a visual treat for you
- keep to my resolution! Enjoy.